Trainee Accounting Technician
About the Role
As a Trainee Accountant you will work as part of the Accounts team assisting on client accounting and tax compliance tasks whilst studying towards an AAT qualification.
As a Trainee Accountant your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist seniors and managers on accounting or administrative tasks
- Carry out book keeping tasks, including double-entry bookkeeping
- Prepare a small company, partnership or sole-trader accounts file to a high degree of accuracy
- Basic tax computations and returns
- Utilise accounting software
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and colleagues
As a Trainee Accountant your skills, qualifications and knowledge will include:
- A levels of grade B or above in three subjects – Accounting A level desirable
- GCSE Maths and English grades A or B
- Dedication to achieving an AAT qualification
- The ability to manage own workload and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Problem solver with investigative nature
- IT Literate able to use MS Excel and Word
Learning and Development is an integral part of Humphrey & Co. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, in-house training and self-development.
Hours: Full time (38.75 hours per week)
Based: Hove offices
Eco Recruitment Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. PLEASE NOTE! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role.