Assistant Accounts Manager
About the Role
Are you a newly qualified ACCA/ACA accountant? Or do you have a few years post qualification experience??....In addition, are you currently working in public practice accounting??
If you answered YES....this might be for you.
A new modern and high tech accountancy firm in Brighton is looking for an Assistant Manager to join their crew. They are all about providing pro-active expert accountancy advice and being part of their clients day to day team.
They focus on Technology start-ups and scale ups, high net worth individuals, Property and Crypto Currency. Through expert and bespoke consultation, they help clients achieve their goals. Their insight and advice gives their clients the direction and confidence to follow the right path that leads them to where their business wants to go.
As Assistant Manager, you will be a key and integral team member working closely with the Director to assist with day-to-day operations such as; regular client meetings, year-end accounts preparation, online accounting bookkeeping, VAT preparation, and management accounts. It is advantageous to have a good understanding of Xero and Dext.
This role has lots of career opportunities and for the right person it will develop into a promotion to Manager, then Associate Director which will include profit shares.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, and submission of VAT returns.
- Year-end financial accounts preparation, this includes but not limited to limited companies, partnerships and sole trader.
- Prepare corporate and personal tax returns and assist to provide advisory services to clients.
- Assist to prepare budgets and cashflow forecasts for clients.
- Advise and support clients with cloud accounting software questions.
- Help convert client from manual bookkeeping systems to integrated cloud accounting systems.
- Reviewing Bookkeeping and VAT returns of more junior staff.
- Prepare VAT returns for director/manager review. This includes import / Export of goods and margin scheme VAT returns.
- Organise invoices, expenses, and expense forms into Dext.
- Answer accounting questions from both clients and other members of staff.
- Assisting clients to be MTD compliant. This includes supporting and training clients on how to use cloud accounting software and helping migrate data to new systems.
- Working with other staff members, to ensure client deadlines are met.
- Have good technical VAT and personal tax knowledge and can keep knowledge up to date through CPD.
- Prepare formal correspondence to various parties (Clients, HMRC, Banks, Companies House etc.)
- Other reasonable duties may from time to time be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Newly ACCA / ACA qualified or within a year or 2 of being qualified
- Previous Public Practice experience is essential
- Excellent knowledge of FRS 102 1A and FRS 105
- A strong focus and attention to detail
- Proactive approach to work prioritisation and time management
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Experience using different online accounting software's good working knowledge of Excel and Word
This firm is far from traditional and the role available would suit those seeking autonomy with real career progression opportunities. We know some employers like to dangle a carrot but that is not the case here! This firm rewards hard work and truly appreciates their people.
And yes, they have parking and offer hybrid working!
Eco Recruitment Group does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. PLEASE NOTE! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role.