About the Role
1st Line IT Technician / Servcie desk Technician
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Working within higher Education my client is seeking a 1st line IT Technician to provide a fast and responsive IT support service to the college team and complete tasks to support the IT team in implementing new technical features.
- To provide an excellent IT service and support to all students at the college
- Ensuring a technical infrastructure which is compliant and consistent with the IT Policy
- Supporting the IT team on the implementation of technical projects
- To provide support to local colleges in the other sectors on a floating, ad hoc basis if required.
- Providing excellent local IT support service to the college team
- Highly organised Focused in delivering a fast and high-quality support service
- Excellent administrative skills and experience in managing their own work-plan
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Experience of supporting Windows 10/11 and Microsoft office applications
- Experience with printer management
- Experience with Office 365 administration tasks
- 1 or more years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience using Macs
- Experience of Active Directory user account management
- 1st line experience within a technical role ideally within the HE sector, but not essential
- Technical qualifications would be helpful but not essential, full training will be provided
- To ensure that all infrastructure services including network connectivity, phone and wireless service issues along with core software services are escalated to the relevant parties within a suitable time frame
- To set-up college staff on desk-tops, laptops, phones, and MACs
- To actively use and review the IT Helpdesk system to ensure that all college issues are logged and prioritised
- To liaise with the college business system super-users to deploy systems/software across college users
- To perform local IT tasks related to project or service affecting work (e.g. network line fail procedures)
If you have skills for this role the do not delay in to applying today as this role is available immediately.
Due to the natue of this role a DBS will need to be issued therefore relevant checks will be put in to place.